Event Information: ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN
- Event name: Solo Colossus
- Date: Saturday 14th - 15th July 2018
- Start time: c06.00*
- Start location: Pendennis Castle, Falmouth
- Finish location: The Admiralty, London
- Event Type: Solo Endurance Ride on open roads, including riding through the night following the same designated route as Britannia, Conqueror and Victory. The ride is 500KMs/310.686Miles long and riders are required to complete the route within 24 hours.
- Age requirement: Age 18-68 on or before 14th July 2018
- Minimum average speed requirement: 15 - 17.5 mph over the entire distance. This is on the basis of c3h30mins - 6h30mins of stationary time (Pit Stops, mechanicals etc) across the entire route or c15 - 30minutes at each Pit Stops or longer with fewer stops. Serious consideration should be given to a ride strategy and have a plan B due to a mechanical, fatigue, the weather conditions or other factors.
- Minimum pre event training requirement: 240 miles in a single ride with hill climbing.
- Event registration: Falmouth*. Ride information packs will be available for collection on Friday 13th July 2018. There will be ONE rider briefing for all Colossus riders on Friday 13th July 2018, in Falmouth from 19.15*
- Event overview: A ride that is 500KM/310.686 long, starting at Pendennis Point, Falmouth the route broadly follows the route of 1805. Riders will pass through the cities, towns and villages of Truro, Fraddon, Bodmin, Minions, Launceston and Okehampton before passing Dartmoor and descending into the cathedral city of Exeter, Honiton, Axminster - passing along a road renamed The Trafalgar Way in 2005, then onwards to Bridport cycling along the Jurassic Coast, Dorchester and Blandford Forum before passing through the cathedral city of Salisbury, Andover, Overton, Basingstoke, Hartley Wintney, Camberley and Sunningdale before heading into central London via Parliament Square finishing at Admiralty House, Whitehall.
- Lighting Requirement: Appropriate front and rear lighting with backup power for the duration of the ride. Lighting is an absolute requirement during the hours of dusk/darkness and in poor visibility. Riders without the correct lighting for the ride/weather conditions will not be allowed to ride or will be removed from the event.
* Exact details will be confirmed no later than 3 weeks from the event date
- No entries will be taken on the day
What is included:
- Pre ride briefing on Friday 13th July at Penryn University Campus, Falmouth*
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
- Use of all pit stops on the routes of Britannia, Conqueror and Victory. The locations of the pit stops will be advised in your ride information pack and a hot meal will be available at c90 miles and c180 miles
- Sweep vehicle for those who can’t complete the route. Riders will be taken to the next rendezvous location
- Electronic tracking to allow friends and family to track your progress
- Water proof maps for each section - in case any route signage is missed or removed
- Finishers medal
- Souvenir musette
- Souvenir cycling cap
- Post ride breakfast in London*
- VAT & 6.5% Registration system charge
- Bag transfer to Exeter, Salisbury and London only. Please note high value good should not be packed in your transfer bag.
- GPS files of the route, in various formats, will be available to download the week before the event.
- Should you plan to stay in Falmouth the night before consider Penryn University campus or Falmouth Tourist Information here
* exact details will be notified to riders no later than 3 weeks before the event