Event Information: ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN
- Event name: #TrafalgarWay Britannia
- Date: Saturday 14th July 2018
- Start time: c6.00*
- Start location: Pendennis Castle, Falmouth
- Finish location: Exeter*
- Event Type: Ride on open roads following a designated route
- Age requirement: Age 18+ on or before 14th July 2018
- Event registration: Falmouth*. Rider information packs will be available for collection on Friday 13th July 2018. There will be ONE riders briefing at 19:15*.
- Event overview: At just over 100 miles long, starting at Pendennis Castle, Falmouth the route closely follows the route of 1805. Riders will pass through the Cities, towns and villages of Truro, Fraddon, Bodmin, Minions, Launceston and Okehampton before passing Dartmoor and descending into the cathedral city of Exeter
- Lighting Requirement: Appropriate front and rear lighting with backup power for the duration of the ride. Lighting is an absolute requirement during the hours of dusk/darkness and in poor visibility. Riders without the correct lighting for the ride/weather conditions will not be allowed to ride or will be removed from the event.
- Free of charge bag transfer to Exeter This bag will be transferred to the finish in Exeter on your behalf. Please note whilst care will be taken to look after the bag, riders using this facility do so at their own risk and should not place items of high value or importance inside.
- No entries will be taken on the day
What is included:
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
- 4 Pit Stops along the route*
- Finisher medal
- Souvenir musette
- Souvenir cycling cap
- Sweep vehicle for those who can’t complete the route. Riders will be taken to the finish in Exeter
- VAT and 6.5% Registration system charge
- Bag/ruck sack transfer to Exeter
- As Britannia is an A to B ride, rather than a loop, we advise that riders bring a small lockable kit bag/ruck sack with dry kit in
- GPS files of the route, in various formats, will be available to download the week before the event.
- Should you plan to stay in Falmouth the night before consider Penryn University campus or Falmouth Tourist Information here
* exact details will be notified to riders no later than 3 weeks before the event