Britannia is a solo ride, just over 100 miles long, starting at Pendennis Point, Falmouth and then through the towns of Truro, Fraddon, Bodmin, up onto Bodmin Moor, Launceston, Okehampton, finally passing Dartmoor and then descending down into the finish in Exeter.
- Event name: #TrafalgarWay Britannia
- Date: Saturday 17th October 2015
- Start time: c10.00*
- Start location: Pendennis Point, Falmouth
- Finish location: Exeter*
- Event Type: Solo ride on open roads following a designated route
- Event registration: Falmouth*. Ride information packs will be available for collection from 10:00 on Friday 16th October 2015
- Event overview: At just over 100 miles long, starting at Pendennis Point, Falmouth the route closely follows the route of 1805. Riders will pass through the towns of Fraddon, Bodmin, up onto Bodmin Moor, Launceston and Okehampton before passing Dartmoor and descending into the cathedral city of Exeter.
- Age requirement: Age 18-68 on or before 17th October 2015
- No entries will be taken on the day
What is included:
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
- 3 feed stations along the route*
- Electronic Tracking
- Finisher medal
- Sweep vehicle for those who can’t complete the route. Riders will be taken to the finish in Exeter
- As Britannia is an A to B ride, rather than a loop, we advise that riders bring a small lockable kit bag/ruck sack with dry kit in to the start line. This bag will be transferred to the finish in Exeter on your behalf. Please note whilst care will be taken to look after the bag, riders using this facility do so at their own risk and should not place items of high value or importance inside.
- GPS files of the route, in various formats, will be available to download the week before the event.
- Should you plan to stay in Falmouth the night before consider visiting here
- * exact details will be notified to riders no later than 4 weeks before the event